Converting to Islam Before Marriage and Risking Judgement and Denunciation with Liubov Shlapai
Girlskill Podcast Episode 10
Imagine being faced with a personal decision that you know so many will judge you for and even consider you a traitor. This is kind of what happened On Liubov’s wedding when her Christian grandmother had given her a necklace with a cross (symbol of Christianity.)
Liubov converted to Islam before marrying her Muslim boyfriend who she had been dating for five years. She says that this was the most important decision of her life. After starting to learn the Arabic language she understood more and more the underlining principles and beliefs of Islam. She says there are many things that are connected to cultural aspects so she learned to separate the two.
Join us for a controversial discussion on Liubov’s decision to convert to Islam and the reasoning behind it. She takes us through her discovery and exploration of Koran and the fundamental principles of life, marriage and pretty much everything else explained in this sacred text. She also shares how her friends and family reacted to her decision as well as how her husband’s family is still getting used to her as a new member of the family.
Liubov shares her views on her role as a wife and explains how her happiness is the #1 priority for her husband. She talks about her joy of being a mother and how embracing motherhood fully is her mission at this point.
Quotes from this episode:
“Converting to Islam was the biggest lesson of my life.”
“Protection doesn’t make you weak. You give the man in your life a chance to practice his strength. It’s in his genes. And it makes him happy that he brings something to the table.”
“I want to enjoy being a mother; I don’t want to miss this. I feel I completed my mission of being a woman. If my husband is able to care for me, I want to be home. I have plenty of time for career success.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Asana — Asana is the easiest way for teams to track their work and get results.
- Mindvalley Academy — Mindvalley Academy is an online school for all the things regular schooling forget to teach you. We bring you world-class courses from the world’s top personal growth authors and brands to allow you to create remarkable transformations in all areas of your life.
- Booking.com — Big savings on hotels in 118,000 destinations worldwide. Browse hotel reviews and find the guaranteed best price on hotels for all budgets.
- iHerb — iHerb is a California-based retailer with more than 35,000 natural products from over 1,200 trusted brands.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Olga Valyaeva on Instagram — Mother of four, blogger (in Russian), based in Bali, Indonesia, writes about topics such as: womanhood, femininity & motherhood.
- Tamriko Sholi on Facebook — A Ukranian writer and journalist, a blogger based in Germany.
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood — Offred is a Handmaid in the Republic of Gilead. She may leave the home of the Commander and his wife once a day to walk to food markets whose signs are now pictures instead of words because women are no longer allowed to read. She must lie on her back once a month and pray that the Commander makes her pregnant because, in an age of declining births, Offred and the other Handmaids are valued only if their ovaries are viable.
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” (The Series) — Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.
- “Women Who Run with the Wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estés — Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Ph.D., Jungian analyst and storyteller shows how woman’s vitality can be restored through what she calls “psychic archeological digs” into the ruins of the female unconscious. Using multicultural myths, fairy tales, folk tales, and stories, Dr. Estés helps women reconnect with the healthy, instinctual, visionary attributes of the Wild Woman archetype. Dr. Estés has created a new lexicon for describing the female psyche. Fertile and life-giving, it is a psychology of women in the truest sense, a knowing of the soul.
- “Birth Reborn: What Childbirth Should Be” by Michael Odent — “Birth Reborn’” gives expectant mothers the confidence and information they need in order to trust themselves to give birth without the drugs and medical procedures that are being increasingly recognized as harmful to the mother and to the baby’s future development.
Ready to Upgrade?
I’ve created a free video training on “The Lie of Female Success” and what you can do today to get out of the modern female epidemic. If you follow these steps, your life and your relationships will change very quickly.