Masculine vs. Feminine Emotionality with Andrew Horn
About This Episode
“Andrew Horn is a Brooklyn based social entrepreneur who cares deeply about human connection. He is the founder of Tribute.co, a video montage platform recently dubbed by The New Yorker as ‘Hallmark 2.0.’ Before launching Tribute, Andrew founded award-winning nonprofit ventures Dreams for Kids DC and AbilityList, which FastCompany called a ‘modernized Craigslist for people with disabilities.’
All of his businesses focus on building community and bringing people together in meaningful ways. Andrew frequently speaks at Fortune500 companies, international conferences, and colleges on topics like confident communication and how to win buy-in for your priority projects.”
Andrew is also the founder of WeJunto — a not so secret club for the exploration of modern masculinity, emotional mastery, and personal transformation.
“In our men’s circles… we honor the men by holding space for them, by seeing and supporting them, and by allowing them to sit in those feelings that we’re oftentimes so afraid to be with.”
Join us for a conversation about how men’s work is different from women’s work and what are modern men craving the most today. Here are the details of our discussion:
- Proposing to his wife after three days of meeting at Burning Man
- Exploring the definition of modern masculinity
- Nature vs nurture in our understanding of femininity/masculinity
- Masculine vs Feminine Emotionionality
- Biggest finding in working with men
- The importance of creating spaces where men can express emotions
- What is masculine leadership?
- And much more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
PEOPLE/BLOGS TO FOLLOW
- Esther Perel — Esther Perel is a therapist, author, speaker and creator of the groundbreaking podcast Where Should We Begin.
- David Deida — David Deida is an American author who writes about the sexual and spiritual relationship between men and women. His ten books have been published in 25 languages. He conducts spiritual growth and intimacy workshops and is one of the many founding associates at the Integral Institute.
- John Wineland — an LA-based speaker and teacher leading men and women in the practices os embodied masculine leadership, spiritual intimacy, and sexual polarity
- Evryman — Find or start a group, or plunge into a wilderness experience that will help you connect to your emotions and with other guys. Build strengths and resilience to help you reach your own best definition of manhood.
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert Moore & Doug Gillette — Redefining age-old concepts of masculinity, Jungian analysts Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette make the argument that mature masculinity is not abusive or domineering, but generative, creative, and empowering of the self and others. Moore and Gillette clearly define the four mature male archetypes that stand out through myth and literature across history: the king (the energy of just and creative ordering), the warrior (the energy of aggressive but nonviolent action), the magician (the energy of initiation and transformation), and the lover (the energy that connects one to others and the world), as well as the four immature patterns that interfere with masculine potential (divine child, oedipal child, trickster and hero). King, Warrior, Magician, Lover is an exploratory journey that will help men and women reimagine and deepen their understanding of the masculine psyche.
Ready to Upgrade?
I’ve created a free video training on “The Lie of Female Success” and what you can do today to get unstuck, release pressure & stop trying to do it all. In this training, I share the 3 key proven shifts that my clients and I have implemented in our lives so we can thrive as feminine essence women in our lives and our relationships.