“My Purpose is to Make You Laugh” with String Nikolic
About This Episode
String Nikolic is my husband. This is what he says about himself on his Facebook profile “Best known for playing George Clooney’s stunt double. Studied Rocket Science and Brain Surgery at Stanford University.”
I feel like this description says a lot about who he is as a human and as a man. It also explains why our relationship and marriage works — he brings humor into everything and knows who he is. In fact, String jokingly says that his purpose is to be my personal clown. Listen to the episode to understand why.
“Masculinity for me is the level of responsibility — who you are responsible for… And that took an extreme jump when [our daughter] was born because it’s no longer about me and no longer about you. It’s about the three of us and my responsibility is now to the family.”
In this episode String shares the story of how we met, why our relationship works and how polarity is at play in our marriage. Here are the details of our discussion:
- What String finds attractive in a woman
- The story of how we met
- String’s “success is when you live by the beach” mantra
- The effect fatherhood had on his definition of masculinity
- String’s personal development journey
- Finding fulfillment in being responsible for the family
- How polarity plays in our marriage
- How I let him lead
- Why String is a big fan of Girlskill
- Where do men fit in today’s feminism
- And much more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
PEOPLE/BLOGS TO FOLLOW
- “The Joe Rogan Experience” Podcast — From comedian, UFC commentator and TV host, Joe Rogan. “The Joe Rogan Experience” is a long-form, in-depth conversation with the best guests from the comedy world, the sports world, the science world and everything between. One of the most popular comedy podcasts, this show has something for everyone.
- Jordan B. Peterson — a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist and the author of the multi-million copy bestseller 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, #1 for nonfiction in 2018 in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, the Netherlands, Brazil and Norway, and now slated for translation into 50 languages.
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida — The mark of a true classic is that it becomes more relevant with the passage of time Twenty years ago, David Deida wrote The Way of the Superior Man share lessons on “how a man can grow spiritually while passionately tussling with the challenges of women, work, and sexual desire,” Today, men of all ages continue to struggle with these universal challenges, and the practical insights found in this book will help each one of us to give the gifts we were born to give.
Ready to Upgrade?
I’ve created a free video training on “The Lie of Female Success” and what you can do today to get unstuck, release pressure & stop trying to do it all. In this training, I share the 3 key proven shifts that my clients and I have implemented in our lives so we can thrive as feminine essence women in our lives and our relationships.