Social Entrepreneurship in Uganda and Fashion That Gives Back with Stella Airoldi from 22Stars
Stella Airoldi is a true inspiration for all female entrepreneurs (and not only) as well as female digital nomads (and not only.)
She had traveled the world multiple times over and over, has been on five transatlantic cruises, works from any possible location that has an internet connection and travels with her best friend — a stuffed elephant.
She is mostly known for founding her social business in Uganda 22Stars that helps women of Acholi quarters get out of poverty by giving them the opportunity to make exclusive jewelry from recycled paper.
A few people know that Stella could have actually stayed in the Netherlands and make a nice paycheck every month by practicing International Law — what she had gotten her Masters Degree in. Instead, Stella chose another way. The harder way.
Every day 22Stars is providing opportunities out of poverty for women in Uganda and their families. 22Stars is not only a social business but also a foundation that helps support more than 180 children by taking them off the stone quarries and putting them through school every year. In fact, Girlskill is supporting one of these children for the next school year.
On the interview, we dive deep into the story of how Stella ended up in Uganda, social entrepreneurship, her interest in child rights and why she took the more challenging path.
Quotes from this episode:
“The best way to help people out of poverty is to make sure that they can provide for themselves.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- KineMaster — Professional Mobile Video Editing.
- Skyscanner — Skyscanner’s flight search will help you find cheap flights and airline tickets to your favorite travel destinations.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Anna Rova on Medium — Girlskill Founder. Podcast Host. Writer. Location Independent Entrepreneur. Passionate about femininity, personal growth, objectivism and building a better world.
- Paulo Coelho Collection — The Brazilian author is considered one of the most influential authors of our times. His books have sold more than 165 million copies worldwide, have been released in 170 countries and been translated into 80 languages.
- “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho — Paulo Coelho’s masterpiece tells the mystical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure. His quest will lead him to riches far different — and far more satisfying — than he ever imagined. Santiago’s journey teaches us about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, of recognizing opportunity and learning to read the omens strewn along life’s path, and, most importantly, to follow our dreams.
Ready to Upgrade?
I’ve created a free video training on “The Lie of Female Success” and what you can do today to get out of the modern female epidemic. If you follow these steps, your life and your relationships will change very quickly.