The Boy Crisis & The Myth of Male Power with Warren Farrell
About This Episode
“Dr. Warren Farrell has been chosen by the Financial Times as one of the world’s top 100 thought leaders, and by the Center for World Spirituality (in 2011) as one of the world’s spiritual leaders. His books are published in over 50 countries, and in 15 languages. They include two award-winning international best-sellers, Why Men Are The Way They Are plus The Myth of Male Power.
Dr. Farrell is currently the Chair of the Commission to Create a White House Council on Boys to Men, and is co-authoring Boys to Men with John Gray (Mars/Venus).
Warren has taught at the university level in five disciplines, and appeared on more than 1,000 TV and radio shows, from Oprah to Larry King Live. He has been featured repeatedly in Forbes, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal. Warren has two daughters, Alex and Erin. He is married to Liz Dowling, an owner of a public relations firm specializing in medical devices (Dowling and Dennis). They live in Blithedale Park on Mt. Tamalpais in Mill Valley, California. Warren enjoys yoga, tennis, hiking and hosting small salons/dinner parties at his and Liz’s home.”
“I believe that the world was not dominated by the patriarchy but it was dominated by the need to survive. And in order to survive both men and women in the past had very restricted roles. Women were told that if you’re going to be feminine, you should raise children. Men were told that if you want to be a man, you raise money or you go to war. And you become potentially disposable.”
Join us for a conversation about male disposability, the boy crisis and the myth of male power. Here are the details of our discussion:
- How Warren has turned from a world’s leading male feminist into an advocate for gender equality and the importance of fathers
- Reframing the idea that the world is dominated by the patriarchy
- Male disposability and how it affects our perception of masculinity
- Eye-opening data on the gender pay gap and why men (dads) earn more
- Why women are attracted to the “Clark Kent” alpha males
- The boy crisis and the paramount importance of fathers
- Dad-style parenting vs. mom-style parenting
- What to do if the father isn’t present
- Exploring gender as a social construct: nurture vs nature
- The male experience of powerlessness
- Male experience of female power
- And much more…
- The Boy Crisis: Why Our Boys Are Struggling and What We Can Do About It by Warren Farrell PhD & John Gray PhD — A comprehensive blueprint for what parents, teachers, and policymakers can do to help our sons become happier, healthier men, and fathers and leaders worthy of our respect.
Ready to Upgrade?
I’ve created a free video training on “The Lie of Female Success” and what you can do today to get unstuck, release pressure & stop trying to do it all. In this training, I share the 3 key proven shifts that my clients and I have implemented in our lives so we can thrive as feminine essence women in our lives and our relationships.